The Communities committee seeks to create and sustain a strong conservation constituency that cares and advocates for preservation, improvement, and expansion of our region’s natural resources.
Topic areas: diversity, demographics, accessibility, social science, health and wellness, and art and culture
Committee members are responsible for:
- Education (member access only)
- Mighty Acorns: Begun to connect urban youth with nature through a unique, hands-on experience, our partners supported the integration of Mighty Acorns with a highly respected, school-based, ecology curriculum.
- Hosted webinar for 25 Chicago Wilderness organizations on accessibility in natural areas
- Began compiling data on regional demographics and member audiences
social scientists and outreach experts participated in the priority species selection process
- Identify priority engagement areas
- Partners using demographic assessment tools
- Developing an expanded constituency
- Alliance reflects regional diversity
- Number of people reached
- Number of partners using assessment tools
- Engagement survey underway